No more excuses.
The ball soars through the air and lands right in the hands of the receiver, yet he drops it and tumbles to the ground. When he gets up, he hobbles to the sidelines limping. He’s not really hurt, he’s just trying keep the heat off his back. You’ve probably seen this happen time and again as you‘ve watched a game, but is this how you live your life? Do you make excuses when you drop the ball and limp to the sidelines? This is the pattern of far too many men—young, old, and everywhere in between.
Exploring examples of men of God throughout the Bible, this eight-session Bible study dives deeply into the heart of a man and challenges him to stand up, embrace the role God has made him for, live with integrity, love with ferocity, and to be the man God has made him to be. And it all begins when we stop making excuses.
No More Excuses Teen Guys’ Bible Study Book includes printed content for eight sessions, personal study between group sessions, applicable Scripture, “How to Use This Study,” and a leader guide.
1. No More Hiding Behind the Past
2. No More Holding Back
3. No More Weak Leadership
4. No More Going Through the Motions
5. No More Compromising Your Integrity
6. No More Sifting Through the Rubble
7. No More Half Stepping
8. No More Standing on the Sidelines
- Eight small-group sessions
- Seven teaching videos featuring author Tony Evans, approximately 10-15 minutes each week — available separately
- Personal study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Become the man God has called you to be.
- Learn from the examples of men in the Bible.
- Overcome setbacks and obstacles on the path to spiritual growth.
- See hard circumstances as opportunities for growth.
- Challenge yourself to be a man of character and commitment.
- Fight for purpose and meaning in your life.
- Lead with strength and godliness.
- Make decisions and take action while keeping your godly character intact.
- Commit to walk through life with other young men who will point you to Jesus.